Reflection | Rose, Bud and Thorn – Week #1
I wanted to start a new series on the blog. A lot of the times we highlight all of the good in our lives, and never shed light on the bad or unpleasant. Every week, we all experience both highs and lows, and I wanted to start highlighting them. Each week, with this new series, I plan to reflect by writing down my rose, bud, and thorn for the week.
Rose = A highlight, success, small win, or something positive that happened.
Thorn = A challenge you experienced or something you can use more support with.
Bud = New ideas that have blossomed or something you are looking forward to knowing more about or experiencing.
Now, let’s get into my week.
Rose – Highs
- I went on two hikes and got to enjoy the great outdoors!
- Getaway House booked us a few nights in their tiny homes. I cannot wait!
- I updated my “About Me” section on the blog.
- I watched one of my favorite childhood movies, Beauty & the Beast.
- I had a wine night with my sister and mum.
- Got a new record player. There’s something so nice about listening to vinyl in the morning.
- Did a sunset yoga session on the beach. I use Core Power Yoga on demand.
- Stepped out and grabbed some In n Out
- Increased my monthly viewers on Pinterest by being more consistent.
- I got three blog posts up this week.
- Drank Dalgona coffee in the morning.
- We added an area rug to our bedroom and organized all the chaos that was underneath our bed.
Thorn – Lows
- With our original wedding date, officially a week out, I had a few moments where I broke down. We were so excited to get married with our friends and family present. It feels all too real now that we have another year to hopefully start our next chapter.
- For some reason I have been extremely tired. I am not sure what it is. Maybe I should lay off the caffeine.
- The fiancè and I are looking for a new sofa and cannot agree on one. Ugh, back to the drawing boards.
- I ate poorly all weekend. Hoping to only have one “cheat day” next week.
Bud – Looking Forward To
- I am looking forward to celebrating our wedding next year.
- I am excited that we are brightening up our kitchen next week.
- I’ll be going to go to Trader Joe’s and will pick up some fresh flowers.
- I plan on doing more organizing next week, yay!
- I am looking forward to our little getaway.
- Going to hike in Malibu. On the hunt for all the waterfalls.