Happy Holidays, Happy Holidays…♫. This is my favorite time of year for obvious reasons! The Holiday season for me actually starts around Halloween time. It is the first month when all of the festivities begin. I’m listing all of my favorite Holiday traditions below. What are some of yours?
Top 10 Holiday Traditions
1. Carving Pumpkins – As I previously mentioned, my Holiday traditions begin with Halloween! My fiance’ and I carve pumpkins every year! With a glass of wine, a spooky movie and the company of each other. I always lose the pumpkin carving contest, but some of my favorite carvings we have done are a Chanel logo and a starry night pumpkin.
2. Roast Pumpkin Seeds – This one is a must! Why let those seeds go to waste? We simply clean them, add olive oil, a little bit of salt and put them in the oven. This year we also made a pumpkin bread. Compliments to Trader Joes for the just add eggs recipe.
3. Friendsgiving – This is a fairly new tradition for us. The past two years we have had a Friendsgiving and it’s always so much fun! Most of my friends live out of town now, so it’s nice that we can all get together during the Holidays.
4. Christmas Tree Shopping – I like to have my tree up by the beginning of December. I’m slipping a little this year. I usually would have purchased my tree by now. I love getting real trees so the house smells like Christmas.
5. Shopping – I love this time of year because of all the great sales! It’s the perfect time to stock up on presents! Here are a few picks from Shopbop. All things on sale (take an extra 30% off right now), home gifts, stocking stuffers, and finds under $200.
6. Ice Skating – I have gotten much better over the years. My favorite place to go is LA Live.
7. Go to The Grove – One of my favorite places to go during the Holidays. Not only is the decor spectacular, they also have fake snow! Be sure to check the times, if you want to experience snow in LA!
8. Candy Cane Lane – I go E-V-E-R-Y year, multiple times! I love driving down the lit up streets, with hot chocolate in hand.
9. Advent Calendar – I have always loved these as a kid, and love them even more now that I am an adult. Ulta, NET-A-PORTER and Target have good adult advent calendars.
10. Christmas Day and Eve – Christmas Eve is spent at my fiance’s families house and Christmas day is celebrated at mine. Last year we were in England…that was so much fun!