Okay, guys, it’s that time of the year. The 28th year that I have rotated on Earth’s orbit around the sun. Woo, I feel dizzy. I have never really been one for big birthday parties and the older I get, the less I do.
For this birthday post, I wanted to do something different. Instead of writing about 28 things I have learned in these 28 years, I am going to write about 27 things that I loved during my 27th year.
27 Things That Made My 27th Year That Much More Amazing
- I got engaged to my best friend
- I got to watch two of my closest friends marry their persons
- I traveled to Iceland and Switzerland for the first time
- Took my sister to New York Fashion Week
- Took beautiful engagement photos, and now have a new special place in our hearts (Joshua Tree) that we want to visit every year
- We found a venue for our wedding
- Attended the REVOLVE Festival for the 2nd time
- Became closer to old friends
- Finally started working out and eating better again
- Hit my one year mark of being a full-time blogger
- Started the wedding dress process (sorry majority of these are wedding related, my bad)
- Got to see my friends become parents!
- After almost 10 years, I got a new car
- Started Youtube
- Learned to use Photoshop and edit videos in Final Cut Pro
- My aunts from England surprised me at my engagement party
- I read a lot of great books. Click here to see what was on my reading list
- Attended a blogger brunch by myself. HUGE accomplishment for me
- Finally got my eyebrows microbladed & don’t think I’ll ever go back
- Had my first 6-month blogging contract with a brand I LOVE
- Hiked the Swiss Alps
- Perfected making cheese fondue
- Increased my endurance to 2 miles, nonstop (My goal is to get up to 5 miles)
- Signed with an agency
- Had a full-circle moment. Collaborated with Abercrombie & Fitch after working for them as a sales associate in College
- Sat front row at NYFW for the first time
- My dog beat his “puppy strangles” (rare dog immune disease)
Looking back, I’d say 27 was an amazing year! Cheers to making 28 even better!