Hey everyone! With Coachella around the corner, I decided to dedicate this post to the Do’s and Don’ts when going to the festival! I’ve learned from my mistakes, so you don’t have to!
- It is sooo windy at Coachella and dust gets EVERYWHERE! I suggest wearing a bandana/scarf during the festival. This year I am going to take it to the next level and wear a doctors mask.
- By Day 3, let’s face it, you feel like death. It is important to bring nasal spray, medicine, allergy pills, cough drops and a netti pot to rinse nightly. You seriously need this stuff! Especially if you don’t want to be sick the week after.
- If you are thinking of camping, I say DON’T! Run for the hills! Camping is very hard, especially at Coachella. It is hot during the day and gets very cold at night. Although fairly clean, it is much better using the restroom and showering in a home or hotel. Pluses about camping, you find a sense of community and you get to know your neighbors, and there are silent discos, etc. that happen on the camp grounds at night.
- If you are trying to decide on a nail color, I would suggest you don’t wear white nail polish. By Day 3, the dirt is pretty much ingrained on your skin and nails.
- When it comes to what your wearing on your feet, booties and closed toe shoes are better. Sandals aren’t a deal breaker, I will probably be wearing a pair at least one day, but your feet get very dirty. Just be careful on getting your toes stepped on.
- The days are long, and there is a lot of sitting. Try to bring a backpack and a little blanket with you. If you don’t feel like standing during a set, just go to the back of the crowd, sit and chill.
- Lastly, have fun! Coachella is honestly a blast! Dancing all day to your favorite artists, and enjoying the desert nights with your friends.
Coachella is definitely a festival I've wanted to attend for some time. The atmosphere just seems so amazing and like no other. I love that outfit you're wearing too! I had no idea it was that dusty out there. My allergies are already on 100 and I appreciate you sharing these tips to better protect my allergies from being on 500…haha!http://www.thebeautybeau.com
So many great tips from past mistakes!! I've never attended Coachella in the past but it looks like such an amazing festival. My allergies and sensitivities to sun will limit me to be watching everyone's Instastory feed. Hope you have a ton of fun and can't wait to see what you will be wearing!~ xo ShereePosh Classy MomInstagram
These are great tips! I've never been to Coachella so I really enjoyed your insider's look. I had no idea about the scarves – everyone always looks so glam in the pics LOL. And I don't think I'd camp either – I'm all for a hotel room! XOhttp://www.lehoarder.com/
I have little ones so this isn't something that I'll be attending in the near future but I always enjoy seeing all of the images from the festivals. These are really great tips and definitely something I'll keep in mind if I ever end up attending! Also, how gorgeous is the opening shot to this post! Absolutely stunning!Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com
Oh God. This post is making me feel old. Is there. Any sort of Plaza Hotel nearby? Lol! Have fun, babe!
Oh my! I've never been to Coachella, but I could imagine all those struggles. But omg all those photos are definitely worth visiting Coachella for sure!Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com
Hey Beauty,Love Festival Season so much, so much Fun:)Music, Friends, Nature, Sun, Fresh Drinks:) Best Ever:)Your Tips are sooo Useful, and never Went to Coachella, but I want so much:) Such a Nice Festival:)Loved the Looks:) Wish you happy MondayLove KissesKarina
I've never been to Coachella but I'd looooove to!!Actually this is the first time I read a post that tells it how it is, so thanks for being so honest about what you've experienced!Can't wait to go there one year! Thanks for sharing babePS: You look beyond gorgeous!XOAimarawww.waysofstyle.com
I've never been to Coachella and have always considered it, and reading your honest tips and review of the experience is so helpful! I think it's so important to lay out some of the things that can potentially go awry so expectations aren't crushed (music festivals are not always fun and unicorns!), and your tips are so helpful. The pros and cons of camping, what types of shoes to wear, even the little things like having medicine and supplies on hand. These are all such important points, and I really appreciate your sharing them. I won't be going this year, but I'll be sure to reference your post if and when I do make it out there in the future 🙂 p.s. your photos are gorgeous!! Looks like you had a blast when you last went!xo Soo | http://www.BrownEyedToast.com
I've never been to Coachella, I just moved to California 3 years ago, but it's a plane that I would love to make. Thanks for sharing such a great recommendations I'm completely sure this information will be super helpful for the people who want to attend the festival. I didn't know about the dust situation, I really don't like that, because I normally suffer allergies so I can't imagine how I would feel breathing dust most all the time. Have fun!Vanessahttp://thefashionstatement.net
Coachella does sound fun and while I've never been I really don't think I can handle the heat. I lived in the desert for a few years and it was just a lot. But I'm considering going next year for some of the parties and some fun in the sun. I'll make sure to keep these tips in mind. Love that striped dress!
I need to go it looks so fun. I have friends that go and love it! Fashion is always on point at Coachella too I hear. I'd love to go and experience it all. I'll hopefully go in the next couple years or so.www.naturallyfarout.com-Kierra
Super Tandya, such an emotonto be there at Coachella. love all your outfits, love ho you suit the White colors inclusive the nails and the rings and bracelets <3. Great tip to using the scarf.xxEvawww.themermaidfashion.com
Oh wow! Lovedddd all your outfits and tips on getting coachella ready. The outfits there are incredibly creative and I love that! You will have a ball!