Buying a Vintage Chanel – What I Look For
I did it! After years of eyeing preloved and vintage websites, I finally got my hands on a vintage Chanel Medium Double Flap handbag. I am so in LOVE! I found “the one,” on Fashionphile, and I had such a great shopping experience with them. In this post, I want to share what I was looking for in a Vintage Chanel, and my experience shopping at Fashionphile.
Let me begin by saying, Chanel’s are a pricey investment. I would shop around and find a vintage piece that is best for you, and your budget, before making this financial decision.
I have been on the hunt for a Vintage Chanel for a few years now. A few of my must-haves were;
- Had to be from before 2008. I prefer that the vintage versions of the Medium Flap have 24k gold hardware, and was made in France. Mine is from 1993
- It had to be in Very Good/Great condition
- Needed to come with the original authenticity card
- The serial number still needed to be attached
- Dust bag included
- A good return policy. I had to be able to return (if it didn’t meet expectations) or, if it was in fact, not authentic
As previously mentioned, I purchased my handbag on Fashionphile. The process was super simple. I searched for Vintage Double Flap Medium Chanel, and filtered by price and condition, found one that met all my expectations, and I ordered.
I was drawn to the website because of the free returns, the credibility, and the fast shipping. I ordered and received my bag within the same week. I am not sure if it is because they have extremely fast shipping, or if it is because their warehouse is located in California. Fashionphile also offers a Layaway plan. You can hold a bag for 90 days, and pay it over time. This is a great option, however, your bag doesn’t ship until it’s fully paid, and you can’t refund the bag for a full refund or credit. They charge a holding fee.
I am linking some of my favorite Chanel’s below.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know some of your vintage finds! xx