Hey everyone! It’s my birthday! Today I am turning, drum roll please…..26! As I sit here in bed, eating pancakes and turkey bacon, made by my boyfriend, I can’t help but think about how fast time flies. I am already 26! It feels like just I was playing handball in Elementary School, or watching the Varsity Football games in High School. Really, where does the time go?
My grandma sent me a birthday card that read, “You don’t need candles or a shining star to make your wishes come true, you just need your talents, your hopes, and your dreams — because you’re already a shining star!”
This year I am making 5 promises to myself.
- Be Happy: This year I want to do things things that make me 100% happy. I want to travel more, work less and explore.
- Don’t Compare Yourself to Others: This one is a huge one for me. As much as I say I don’t compare myself to others, I think in a way we all do. Being in the blogging industry I used to always check the growth of others. Me and a fellow blogger both reached 10,000 followers together and now she has 200,000 where as I have 70,000. I was obsessing over it for a long time, and started to wonder, why?! As long as I am posting things that I like and inspire me, my number of followers really shouldn’t matter. Everyone has their own timeline. Whether it is marriage, having kids, buying a home, finding your dream job or any other big moment. We should focus on working towards our goals at our own pace. Eventually, everything will fall into place at the right time.
- Bet on Yourself: “Yes I Can,” will be this years motto. I can do anything that I set my mind to. With hard work and dedication, anything can be accomplished. I am willing to work hard for what I want, and I am so excited to see what 26 has in store for me!
- Be the Best You: THIS ONE! I really want to be the best me that I can be. That means working out, eating healthier foods, learning, growing and putting 100% in everything that I do.
- Ask for What You Want: This one I really learned to start doing after I started blogging. It is important to know your worth and ask for what you want! Nine times out of 10, someone will negotiate or give you what you want!
In this post I am wearing:
Shoes: Alias Mae