It is officially 2019! Happy New Year! I CanNOT believe how fast this year has gone by! Time really does fly when you’re having fun, and getting old. Unlike most, I’m actually sad to see the year go! Looking back, this was by far my favorite year to date!
As always, I started 2018 with excitement, and goals! You can read my 2018 resolutions here. I am not big on the new year, new me, so instead, I listed my goals in 6 categories; family, career, leisure, personal growth, attitude, and health. I rather be the best version of myself and continually work hard for it. In doing this, I was able to attain 5 out of my 6 goals! The only one that didn’t happen was the fitness part. Oops, better luck this year. Being able to attain my goals made 2019 this my best year yet! It was so much and more!
7 Reasons 2018 Was the Best Year to Date
1. Started Blogging Full Time – This was one of my biggest accomplishments of 2018! I wanted to give 100% to blogging and I was finally able to make that happen.
2. I’m Engaged: OMG! I’m going to be a Franchini! Hashtag #SimplyFranchini. On September 20th, my best friend proposed to me! No official date yet, but we definitely want to get married April next year.
3. We have a baby – A fur baby that is! We finally have our little pup, and we love him so much!
4. Travel – I love traveling and without the responsibility of a full-time job, I was able to travel at ease! In 2018 I went to England, Paris, New York, Portugal, Spain, Iceland, and Switzerland.
5. Read a Lot More – I love reading, and over the past few years, that passion dwindled. Last year, I got back into the groove of things and read a new book each month. Some of these were self-help books and others were fiction. If you want a roundup. Let me know!
6. Hashtag Adulting – I got to see two of my best friends get married, and one of them is now expecting a baby! Eep! Excited to join the married club next year.
7. Health – This is something a lot of people take for granted. Not every day is guaranteed. I am happy that myself, family and friends remained healthy and happy throughout the year.
Going into 2019, I want to continue to be the best person that I can be. I will definitely try to go to the gym three times a week, and possibly run a 5k. I want to start a Youtube and post consistently. In 2019 I am most excited to start planning our wedding!
Can’t wait to see what this year has to offer! To 2019!